Center for Creativity and Entrepreneurship Education (CCEE)
Co-Directors: Barbara Kerr & Yong Zhao
The Center for Creativity and Entrepreneurship Education (CCEE) at the University of Kansas is an interdisciplinary project providing research, training, consultation, and service related to the development of creative talent and entrepreneurship in individuals and organizations.
- Research projects exploring the impact of schooling on creativity and entrepreneurship; the assessment of creativity and entrepreneurship at all levels of development; the development of interventions to encourage the development of creativity and entrepreneurship in individuals, schools and organizations.
Teaching and training
- An interdisciplinary certificate program for education, business, engineering, art, and architecture in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Pre-service and in-service teacher training to enhance educators’ ability to identify, teach and guide potential innovators and entrepreneurs
- Outreach programs for creative young people providing the tools and knowledge base needed to translate ideas into products, services, and social action.
Service and Clinical Practice
- A Counseling Laboratory to provide individual career and personal counseling for potential innovators and entrepreneurs
- Workshops for groups including group counseling for creative visioning and implementation of goals.
- Regional, national, and international consultation to governmental, educational, and business organizations on the enhancement of innovation and entrepreneurship within their groups.
- Consultation to admissions professionals in higher education on methods of assessing for creativity and entrepreneurship and building academic programs to support innovators and entrepreneurs.